Dear Students and Parents,
Last Mustang Message for 2018-19 School Year
This will be the last Mustang Message this school year. Many thanks go out to all our supportive parents, our hardworking students and our amazing teachers for a successful year! Look for the next Mustang Message in the later part of July. It will contain registration dates and other back to school information.
If You Are Attending Lagoon - PLEASE READ
Thursday, May 23rd is Lagoon day - Rain or shine, buses will leave promptly at 8:00 a.m. Please arrive at school by 7:40 a.m. in order to load the buses. Because we have to pay the bus company for your student’s seat whether they go or not, refunds will not be available to those that miss the bus or choose not to attend. In order to accurately account for each student, they will need to ride the same bus up and back. On the bus ride up students will be informed that buses will leave Lagoon promptly at 3:30 p.m. We estimate that we will be home between 4:30 and 5:00 p.m. Some parents have asked about picking up their own student at a prearranged time. If you are planning on picking your student up at Lagoon, rather than having them ride the bus home, please provide a parent/guardian note, signed and dated, giving permission to your student to be released. Students must give this note to the teacher as they board the bus here at MJHS so that we are aware of the situation. Because of student safety concerns, only students that provide a written note will be permitted to be released and not ride the bus home. Entrance tickets to Lagoon are $35. Students will purchase their entrance ticket when they arrive at Lagoon on May 23rd - OR - Student tickets may be purchased in advance, online at http://www.lagoonpark.com/ using promo code: SCHOOL19 - click the “Buy Tickets” button in the upper right corner. Be aware that school rate tickets are ONLY valid May 15, 16, 22, 23, 29 and 30, 2019. (Lagoon does not accept checks). School will be held during normal hours for those students who choose not to go to Lagoon or are not eligible to attend.
What to Expect the Last Week of School
- Before Friday this week, students will need to sign up for our last day of school activities that will be offered by each teacher. Sign-up sheets are on each teacher’s doors and students will need to attend the activities they have signed up for.
- Final locker cleanout will be Tuesday, May 21st during the last 10 minutes of 7th period - Make sure to take everything home because you will not have access to your locker for the rest of the week.
- Early Yearbook Distribution will be on Wednesday, May 22nd during 1st period - All students that purchased a yearbook and don’t owe any fines or lunch money will receive their yearbook at this time.
- Lagoon Day is Thursday, May 23rd - Please read the Lagoon paragraph above for important information
- Last Day of School Information: Friday May 24th is the last day of school! Students will attend the activities they have signed up for during the first 3 periods of the day - followed by various fun outdoor activities on the back field. Please note that backpacks will not be allowed in the building on Friday. Students should bring only their yearbook and a pen to sign yearbooks with on Friday. If a student brings a backpack it will need to be left in the office until school ends. School will be released at 11:15 a.m. - Please plan accordingly - HAVE A GREAT SUMMER!
Lost and Found
We have put all the lost and found items from the office and PE on tables in the commons area. If your child has misplaced any of their belongings this year please have them look through the lost and found. We will be donating all items to Tabitha’s Way or Deseret Industries after May 24th.
Upcoming Events at MJHS
May 21 - Shakespeare Parent Meeting 5:00 p.m. Room 302
May 21 - Final Locker Clean Out
May 22 - Early Yearbook Distribution
May 23 - Lagoon Day
May 24 - LAST DAY OF SCHOOL - OUT @ 11:15 a.m.
We encourage parents and students to LIKE us and FOLLOW us on our MJHS Facebook and Twitter. Remember - To see the complete calendar and other important announcements visit the official MJHS webpage at: http://mjhs.nebo.edu/